In 2002 four friends — Jo Edmunds, Tina Flaherty, Sarah Mitchell, and Noreen Beck — committed to making a difference in the movement to fight breast cancer and began a special venture together. They created a fundraising walk for breast cancer that would be entirely volunteer run; a walk that would give every dollar raised directly to breast cancer research, treatment and support. The funds raised are divided, at the donor’s preference, between the Massachusetts General Hospital Center for Breast Cancer and the Virginia Healing Garden in Harvard.
It is with heavy hearts that the board of directors has voted to dissolve the Just ‘Cause 501(c)3 (Bolton Walkers, Inc) as of September 30, 2019. We’ve been through 15 years of wonderful walk weekends, hours of walking and talking, amazing fundraising and major support of the MGH Center for Breast Cancer and the Virginia Thurston Healing Garden.
Each walker and each donor was a part of that journey. Thank you.
To support the mission of Just ‘Cause, please make your contribution to one of the organizations that we supported:
- MGH Center for Breast Cancer
- Make check payable to: Just ‘Cause Fund for Breast Cancer Research
- In the memo line of the check include: Fund number 226824
- Mail to: Mass General Development Office, 125 Nashua St., Suite 540, Boston, MA 02114-1101
- Virginia Thurston Healing Garden
- Make check payable to: Virginia Thurston Healing Garden
- Mail to: The Healing Garden, 145 Bolton Rd, Harvard, MA 01451